There are so many great hotels in Singapore and it’s hard to go terribly wrong. However, there are a few hotels and you’ve probably heard of them. I’ve pulled together a list to help you figure out which of these hotels suits you best.
It’s beautiful, stately, romantic, historic, and starred in multiple movies (Crazy, Rich Asians being the most recent). What more could you ask for? Raffles Hotel is Singapore’s grande dame. It’s fun just to wander the property, enjoy high tea, or get a drink in either the Writer’s Bar or the Long Bar (the home of the Singapore Sling). Raffles Hotel is so closely linked to Singapore’s history that there is an onsite historian, Leslie Danker. You can ask him to tell you the story of the tiger in the Billiard Room.
- Attentive service with 24-hour butler
- Incredible dining options
- Great location in the most historic part of Singapore
- Easy access to public transit
- Children are certainly welcome but there are no specific amenities for them
This is my favorite all-around hotel. There are great options for kids, spacious rooms, and it’s centrally located while still feeling out of the way.
- Great options for families (including themed family suites and kids program)
- Centrally located still manages to feel like a garden oasis
- Spacious rooms
- Self-contained property so older children can wander freely
- Pool monitored by attentive lifeguards
- Good dining options
- Plenty of space for meetings in the lobby area and restaurants
- It can get crowded
- Adults planning to use the pool should do so in the early morning hours
You’ve seen this Moshe Safdie-designed building everywhere. This hotel and casino single-handedly redefined the Singapore skyline when it was built in 2010. This hotel has a young, see-and-be-seen vibe which you would expect from one of the most profitable casinos in the world.
- Incredible views
- The iconic infinity pool on the top
- World-class restaurants
- Singapore’s only casino
- Attached shopping mall with luxurious brands
- Very crowded, especially on weekends
- It can be a bit of a scene
This beautiful hotel, overlooking the Singapore River and conveniently located near the financial heart of Singapore holds a special place in my heart. I had my Chinese wedding dinner at this hotel. This building also used to be the main post office in Singapore.
- Convenient location near Raffles Place (the financial hub) and the most historic parts of Singapore
- Great dining options
- Building was converted to a hotel in 1997 so the rooms are quite modern
- Beautiful views with everything in easy walking distance
- Great for meetings
- The pool is a bit small and cold
- Caters more to business travelers than families
This iconic hotel makes the list because it played host to the now infamous summit between U.S. President, Donald Trump and Supreme Leader of North Korea, Kim Jong-un. Despite the failed summit, the hotel is still one of my favorites.
- Beautiful rooms
- Very private and quiet
- Easy access to the beach
- Out of the way if you want to spend time seeing Singapore
Head on over to my suggestions on the best things to do while you are here.
Let me know if you use any of these suggestions on your trip! And if there are places I’m missing you’d recommend checking out, drop them in the comments below.